*Revenue Cycle Specialist/RAC Coordinator
Company: Community Memorial Health System
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Community Memorial Health System is a community-owned,
not-for-profit organization that consists of two hospitals and 15+
community clinics including family-practice, urgent care, our
residency program, and several specialties within Ventura County.
We are fully accredited by Det Norske Veritas (DNV), licensed by
the California Department of Public Health and ISO 9001:2015
Located close to the beach, just 60 miles north of Los Angeles,
is Community Memorial Hospital. Our 242-bed, acute care facility,
is committed to providing quality patient care in an environment
that promotes clinical excellence and innovative leadership.
Ojai Valley Community Hospital, an affiliate of Community
Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed general acute care facility
designated as a Critical Access Hospital with a distinct part 66
bed skilled nursing facility. OVCH provides inpatient, outpatient,
and skilled nursing services for mostly primary and secondary care
needs. In addition, we operate a 24-hour standby emergency
CMHS offers some of the best benefits in the industry, along
with great career choices, training, and leadership development. At
our facility, our employees share their enthusiasm for life as well
as for helping others. As you balance your work life with your
other passions, we're there for you every step of the way.
CMHS offers excellent benefits, such as Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life, and AD&D insurance. We also offer a comprehensive 403(b)
retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and a
variety of other great benefits.
If you are interested in joining teams that meld quality care
and compassion to create an environment of excellence, please take
a moment to discover more about what it's like to work at Community
Memorial Health System.
"We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer"
The Revenue Cycle Specialist is responsible for accurate and
timely review of third party payer accounts for claims rejection,
bill hold edits, denials, and charge capture issues impacting
timely filing and denials at CMHS. Collaborates closely with
clinical departments and provides education to reduce billing
edits, ensure accurate charge capture, and reduce denial related
issues related to CMHS claims and billing.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in hospital billing,
including federal and state claims submission, and electronic
- Technical knowledge of correct coding principles of CPT/HCPCS
modifier selection and UB-04 revenue codes
- Experience with medical records and chart-to- charge audit
review for charge capturing accuracy
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid OPPS reimbursement,
and other 3rd party billing rules/coverage
- Excellent written, organizational, analytical, motivational and
critical thinking skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to review medical accounts with numerical problems to
calculate interest, patient liability, self pay accounts, and
- Competency in Word and Excel to document and report issues
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Basic clerical skills
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder
(CPC), or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Ability to execute strategy and communicate knowledge of
business processes to drive success within Revenue Cycle
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and MS Visio, and
Keywords: Community Memorial Health System, Ventura , *Revenue Cycle Specialist/RAC Coordinator, Other , Ventura, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!