Manager, Risk Management & Advisory Services
Company: The Trade Desk
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their
agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a
media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful
and relevant ad experience for consumers - and sets a new standard
for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you're talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring
something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and
have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the Senior Director, the Manager, Risk Management &
Advisory Services ("Manager") is a member of the Finance team and
assists with the company's risk management program.
The Manager assists the Senior Director in leading the company's
implementation of the operational risk management program
performing risk assessments, validating processes and controls,
synthesizing identified risks and reporting on them including
results of validation and recommended risk mitigation.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and
experience in the areas of operational risk and compliance
management in a highly complex technology environment based on an
internally-built platform consisting of multiple components and
interfaces. Other success factors for this role include being
comfortable with change and exhibiting professional curiosity. The
Manager needs to be able to work as an individual contributor and
collaborate with other stakeholders as well as resources from
third-party consulting firms.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Implement a risk management program covering operational risks
to the company, including developing the risk management manual and
the risk library through interviews of key stakeholders. Synthesize
those risks and classify them by risk priority.
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the
organization, including establishing the methodology and approach
to the identification, assessment, remediation and reporting of
risks in accordance with related professional standards, the risk
management manual and other applicable technical guidance.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies and collaborate with
stakeholders to put them in place, maintain and enhance them over
- Put in place an infrastructure for an operational risk
management program utilizing compliance software and industry best
practices in program management.
- Engage and work with third party subject matter experts and
specialists to assist with risk identification and mitigation
- Perform risk assessments of areas identified in the risk
library including validation of processes and controls to determine
whether they are absent or in place and operating as designed.
- Draft reporting based on results of operational risk
assessments tailored to the relevant audience.
- Educate the board of directors and executive leaders about the
most significant risks to the business; ensure business heads
understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensure
individuals understand their own accountability for individual
- Build risk awareness among different parts of the organization
by providing support and training within the company.
WHO YOU ARE:
- BS or BA in relevant field (Auditing, Risk & Compliance,
Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Economics,
- Certifications such as CPA, CISSP, CISM, CISA or CIA,
- 5+ years of experience including both public accounting and
- Industry experience with high technology companies -
specifically a company that has a complex, custom IT infrastructure
is highly preferred
- Proven results in process improvement and change
- Strong organizational skills, follow-through and
detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently
and see tasks/projects through to completion, meet deadlines and
understand when to escalate matters, if needed
- Ability to make effective and independent judgments, including
the ability to develop creative solutions to difficult
- Ability to summarize complex and/or technical information into
easy-to-understand pieces (distinguishing message delivery from
- Ability to understand latest industry trends and their
potential impact on the company
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced
environment and have a willingness to learn
- Outstanding communication skills - including written and verbal
communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and
problem-solving skills; proven ability to work
- The ideal candidate will be ready to uphold the highest levels
of integrity as a baseline. It is critical that the candidate have
a willingness and ability to lead in a hyper-growth environment -
with all of the complexity that environment brings.
- The ideal candidate will bring strong operational capabilities
but should also have deep technical skills. The ideal candidate
will be a confident, effective communicator and will engender
followership and loyalty. The person will bring significant
successful experience interacting with stakeholders, company
executive leadership, external auditors, and audit committees.
Stylistically, the candidate must be high-energy and willing to
"roll up their sleeves".
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search
firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate
submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired;
such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of
employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and
business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic
information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: The Trade Desk, Ventura , Manager, Risk Management & Advisory Services, Other , Ventura, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!