Company: Dairy Farmers of America
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Provides work direction for technicians responsible for
electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of
production machinery and equipment, physical plant, and utilities
in accordance with state, and federal regulations and company
policies and procedures. Develops, schedules, and controls
preventative maintenance program. Ensures that maintenance
department objectives are met including project, cost, quality and
safety factors. Maintains inventories and maintenance materials and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction for activities of maintenance
technicians engaged in the maintenance, electrical and mechanical
- Organizes work from work orders, estimates worker-hour
requirements and delegates work to employees in maintenance
- Maintains contacts with vendors to requisition materials and
supplies for department and monitors a sufficient inventory.
- Develops, schedules, and controls a preventative maintenance
program to maintain production machinery and equipment in proper
- Inspects jobs in process and at completion to ensure that
standards of workman-ship and safety are maintained. Posses a
strong sense of urgency, and the ability to transmit that sense of
urgency to the maintenance technicians in a constructive
- Maintains inventories of maintenance materials, supplies, and
repair parts at required levels by initiating requisitions for
purchase; periodically reviews inventory for proper up keep at
- Recommends and plans equipment needs to improve production
efficiency and/or achieve cost reduction.
- Plays a vital support function in management and execution of a
site's CAPEX projects
- Work closely with the production group to coordinate work.
Continually look for avenues to improve communication between the
production and maintenance groups.
- Be an active member of the safety committee and actively
promote all plant safety initiatives.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar field
or equivalent experience.
- Seven years experience, minimum, in an industrial maintenance
- CMMS (computer maintenance management system) experience
required. SAP experience a plus.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis of equipment problems, identify root cause to
equipment problems, project management skills, technical reading,
- Ability to employ, lead and direct continuous improvement
concepts to move site's culture forward.
- Clear communications, arithmetic, technical reading, computer
skills (word, excel, charts), organized, relationship building,
ability to present professional presentations.
- Effective human relations skills, including good listening
ability and the capability to convince others to establish or
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Dairy Farmers of America, Ventura , Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Ventura, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!