The Director of Admissions is responsible for the cycle of
enrollment management: developing an outreach admissions campaign
to meet enrollment goals, recruiting students, and integrating best
practices into the annual activities of the school. The Director is
accountable and reports directly to the Headmaster. In this role,
the Director maintains a close relationship with the faculty and
parent community in support of the school’s mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
Recruitment and Enrollment
• Increases enrollment through effective communication to target
markets and personally following up with families that show
interest in enrolling.
• Promotes active involvement of current families to expand
networks within and beyond the school community.
• Analyzes the school’s enrollment data to identify areas of
need and focus.
• Responds to the directions forwarded by the Headmaster
regarding the size and profile desired for the next class as well
as overall school size.
• In collaboration with the Headmaster, works with the Director
of Development to create all print and non-print material
associated with the office and program.
• Coordinates the school’s planned calendar of school enrollment
• Provides for campus tours to all prospective families.
• Responds to all phone calls, emails, and letters concerning
admissions including pre-admission activities.
• Serves on the Admissions and Retention committee, a
subcommittee of the Board of Directors.
• Establishes an admissions calendar for the year in
collaboration with administration.
• Provides admissions related schedule (testing, interviews,
etc.) for applicants.
• Assists with the establishment of an integrated database and
maintain the admissions aspect of the database in conjunction with
other school users to maintain integration.
• Maintains applicant database that will integrate with the
• Prepares and manages all application materials.
• Prepares letters to all applicants (admission, waiting list,
• Prepares all reports concerning admissions status for the
• Oversees the admissions process which may include: financial
aid assistance, scholarship applications, course enrollment and any
necessary registration paperwork.
Other Tasks Assigned by the Headmaster
• Assists the Headmaster in creating the budget for the
• Participates in the annual appraisal of the admissions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of application and
other technology applications for marketing
• Maintain confidentiality
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Have a positive attitude and ability to respond quickly and
adapt to change
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions
• Ability to work harmoniously with others
• Willing to learn new skills
• Practicing Catholic willing to sign an Oath of Fidelity to all
the magisterial teachings of the Church
• Bachelor Degree
• Two years of experience in admissions/recruitment
The Institute for Catholic Liberal Education |P.O. Box 4638
|Ventura, CA 93007 |844-425-3832