Company: Haas Automation, Inc.
Posted on: November 12, 2019
SUMMARY This role will be responsible for managing the state and
local tax functions. Provide state and local tax guidance and
leadership on a wide range of tax issues and participate in
significant projects to ensure that state tax implications are
identified and considered. Oversee the order to cash, procure to
pay tax processes. Strive to continuously improve the compliance
process and overall tax operations of the tax department through
identifying and using best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Manage state and local income / franchise tax audits.
- Ensure that audit issues are addressed in ongoing state income
- Review reconciliations and analyses for state tax accounts as
- Maintains tax records and prepare or assist with preparation of
sales and use tax returns, related schedules and related
- Ensures that tax strategy initiatives are properly incorporated
into the tax compliance and accounting processes and are supported
- Contribute to process and technology improvements aimed at
streamlining the compliance and reporting processes.
- Assist in responding to any IRS or state taxing authority
questions or concerns and defend any challenges issued by the IRS
and state taxing authorities.
- State tax research on income, franchise, and other related tax
- Establishing, reviewing, and updating control-related standards
- Proactively recommends changes in tax procedures, tax
methodology and/or tax calculations to tax teams.
- Prepare or assist with preparation of tax work-papers for
outside CPA firm preparation of tax returns for US entities.
- Review or assist with review of tax returns prepared by outside
- Overseeing US state income, franchise and indirect state tax
- Managing and executing tax state income and indirect tax
- Interfacing with legal, finance, operations staff, and outside
tax advisors to ensure seamless, timely, efficient, and accurate
tax compliance and information reporting.
- Communicate and interact with management and operational
leaders across the business, and explore further opportunities to
enhance tax benefits, reduce complexity, and increase
- Keep up with state and local tax changes
- Employees are expected to follow instructions, procedures and
to escalate any issue impacting workflow, quality, etc.
Additionally, there are high value items that require proper care
and protection. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no
supervisory responsibilities. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
- Proven efficiency with PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, ERP systems
(SAP preferred), Indirect tax automation software (OneSource
- Able to analyze problems; apply sound judgment in the
assessment of alternative solutions with a high standard and
attention to detail and follow-up.
- Mentor, and coach staff ensuring the development of employees
through orientation, training, and communication of rules.
- Ability to clearly express ideas and concepts both verbally and
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills including Word, Outlook
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and
professionalism in all matters.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently.
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to work in a dynamic
- Ability to work under pressure and change priorities with short
notice. Desired Qualifications
- CPA preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience with public accounting, corporate tax
and/or accounting at a firm, government agency or company with
sales in excess of $1 billion.
- Strong tax operations knowledge and familiarity of state and
local tax issues for a multinational company operating
- Experience with technical tax laws, regulations and
interpreting tax laws.
- Experience with OneSource indirect tax software. EDUCATION
- BS and/or MS in Accounting or Taxation or a closely related
degree, degree must be from a four-year accredited college or
Keywords: Haas Automation, Inc., Ventura , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!